ISO 28902-2:2017 specifies the requirements and performance test procedures for heterodyne pulsed Doppler lidar techniques and presents their advantages and limitations. The term "Doppler lidar" used in this document applies solely to heterodyne pulsed lidar systems retrieving wind measurements from the scattering of laser light onto aerosols in the atmosphere. A description of performances and limits are described based on standard atmospheric conditions.
This document describes the determination of the line-of-sight wind velocity (radial wind velocity).
NOTE Derivation of wind vector from individual line-of-sight measurements is not described in this document since it is highly specific to a particular wind lidar configuration. One example of the retrieval of the wind vector can be found in Annex B.
ISO 28902-2:2017 does not address the retrieval of the wind vector.
ISO 28902-2:2017 may be used for the following application areas:
- meteorological briefing for, e.g. aviation, airport safety, marine applications and oil platforms;
- wind power production, e.g. site assessment and power curve determination;
- routine measurements of wind profiles at meteorological stations;
- air pollution dispersion monitoring;
- industrial risk management (direct data monitoring or by assimilation into micro-scale flow models);
- exchange processes (greenhouse gas emissions).
ISO 28902-2:2017 addresses manufacturers of heterodyne pulsed Doppler wind lidars, as well as bodies testing and certifying their conformity. Also, this document provides recommendations for the users to make adequate use of these instruments.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 39
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 146/SC 5 Meteorology
Buy this standard
|std 1 166||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 166||Paper|