CASCO is the ISO committee responsible for conformity assessment in ISO. CASCO develops policy and publishes standards related to conformity assessment, but it does not perform conformity assessment activities.
Supporting confidence of users and facilitating trade through the development of globally relevant and accepted policies and International Standards related to conformity assessment and conformity assessment systems.
CASCO’s Strategic Directions:
- Developing ISO conformity assessment policies and standards – Develop ISO conformity assessment policies and standards so that they meet the users' needs globally while being flexible and relevant for future opportunities and risks. Contributes to P1.2 & P2.1 & P2.2.1
- Engaging stakeholders – Develop and implement a sustainable and effective engagement model that enhances effective participation from Members and stakeholders to deliver globally relevant conformity assessment standardization solutions. Contributes to P3.2.2
- Increasing visibility and awareness – Increase the visibility and awareness of the value of conformity assessment related standardization and of CASCO’s activities. Contributes to P1.1.3
- Increasing Members’ capacity to effectively participate in CASCO’s activities – In collaboration with partners, propose, support and contribute to the development and delivery of capacity building activities, designed to address Members’ needs in relation to their participation in CASCO. Contributes to P3.1 & P3.2.4
- Providing a neutral international forum – Study and discuss means of assessing conformity and users’ needs related to conformity assessment standardization in order to build a consistent understanding of conformity assessment and to promote the appropriate use and acceptance of conformity assessment international standards and systems. Contributes to P1.2 & P35
1.3 ISO Strategy 2030, Priorities, P1.2 Innovate to meet global needs; P2.1 Deliver ISO standards when the market needs them; P2.2 Capture future opportunities for international standardization
P3.2 Advance inclusivity and diversity in the ISO system
P1.1 Demonstrate the benefits of standards
P3.1 Strengthen ISO members through capacity building; P3.2 Advance inclusivity and diversity in the ISO system
P1.2 Innovate to meet global needs; P3.1 Strengthen ISO members through capacity building; P3.2 Advance inclusivity and diversity in the ISO system
The ISO/IEC 17000 series of standards for conformity assessment form the CASCO Toolbox.Access the toolbox
Projects in progress
Standards under direct responsibility of the CASCO Secretariat.Access projects Access open working groups
Stay informed about ISO’s work on conformity assessmentKeep up to date with CASCO
For any enquiries, please get in touch.